Saturday, December 5, 2009

A quick introduction

To be honest this is my first blog, and due to that fact it will be nowhere near perfect. There are a few reasons why I’ve taken it upon myself to document my training, first being it will keep me on track. Having a training log where I update it once every few days ensures that I will actually train. It also allows me to share my experiences when it comes mixed martial arts, and in particular grappling.

Over the last sixteen years I’ve studied many different forms of combat, though I have leaned heavily in what is considered TMA (traditional martial arts) over the last four years I have begun to focus on more modern forms of striking as well as grappling. Right now I am training at Team Quest Redding, one of the newer locations in California. I’m trying my best to improve myself, in both mind and body, and take my abilities to the next level.

Over the last Seventeen months I have been sidelined due to an injury, and because of that I am essentially starting over from scratch. My body no longer moves the way I want it too, or the way I remember it. I believe that these circumstances make my experience unique, and thus I am writing it done for anyone else who is in a similar situation.

This is merely the first post, the next will include some biographical information, my martial arts background (in more depth), and the training I was lucky enough to be a part of today.

This is merely the beginning of my Odyssey, Act 1 starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment